GA NSA State Rules for Classification
1. NSA is trying to be as fair as posible when classifying teams in Georgia. Alot of our local tournaments will have lower and upper divisions so no matter what you are sanctioned nationally you will always have a place to play locally and there will be quite a few tournaments that will not be catagorized as Super, Elite, Gold, Silver Bronze, Etc classes, but instead Lower and Upper Classes to help give teams a fair shake and a quality tournament to play in. Teams will not be classed on what roster may be used this coming year, but will be classed based on where both Teams and Players have played the past three years as well as the classification these players have played both locally and Nationally during this time. Any results from any sanctioned softball tournament in GA and surrounding states in all associations were used in classifying since NSA has not been around in Georgia the past few years to build a players history. We will look into all players history when classifying each team and will try to be as fair as possible when sanctioning teams both locally and nationally .. Note: Any team that happen's to be moved down in classification by the NSA State Office during the year, CAN BE MOVED BACK UP AT ANYTIME.
2. Each team is allowed 1 upper class pick up from the next higher class which means if you have 2 players or more from a higher class when forming a team or submitting a roster from a higher class, the team will automatically be moved to that class.
3. No player can drop more than one class from the previous year. If a team picks up a player from two higher classes, that team will automatically be moved up one class.
4. Teams that wish to appeal their current classification status can do so to the State Office. But GA NSA will require that a team play in AT LEAST THREE QUALIFIERS BEFORE April 30 for reclassification consideration. All appeals should be submitted in writing to the GA NSA at email@example.com.
5. Teams will be able to build their teams according to these rules. Every team will have the opportunity to build their team according to these rules discussed here without fear of being penalized for having a good year or doing well in tournaments. So for all the teams out there looking to figure out how to build their team and be successful, follow these rules and your good to go . HOWEVER, ANY TEAM THAT ADDS A PLAYER OR PLAYER'S ON THEIR TEAM THAT WAS NOT ON THEIR GA NSA ROSTER FOR THAT TEAM AT THE BEGGINNING OF THE YEAR CAN BE MOVED AT ANYTIME. Note: If a player happened to fall through the cracks and was on two rosters, the roster in which they played the highest class will be used.
6. After each season, teams deemed necessary will be moved up at GA NSA's discretion, and done so before each season so teams can make changes as they wish.
7. Any E team that is moved up, all players on that roster must play no lower than D for the following year.
8. Any team that wishes to play up in classification will NOT be punished and made to play that class the rest of the year.If a team wants to play up they are encouraged to do so and will NOT be punished for doing good in that paticular tournament.
9. GA NSA will strive to have a place to play on Most EVERY weekend in 2013. Note: GA NSA WILL NOT PUNISH TEAMS FOR BEATING UPPER TEAMS IN TOURNAMENTS AS ANY TEAM CAN WIN ON ANY GIVEN DAY. GA NSA REALIZES THAT EVERY DOG HAS HIS OR HER DAY AND ANY TEAM CAN BE BEAT. All teams must register online at georgiansa.com and go to the Team Registration page to register as well as fill out your roster.You MUST register your team to be able to play in NSA tournaments.
10. GA NSA will have some fun tournaments as well that teams will be able to use paper rosters so that teams can participate even when they don't have their entire team and have to pick up players as well, but you still must follow the classification rules in these tournaments. Also understand, it is the responsibility of each team to enter their roster online as when you play in the National qualifiers this is the roster that will be used before this team is allowed to participate. Online rosters are the cornerstone of classification now and in the future. Please obey the rules to adding players and releasing players which can be found in the rulebook, and maintaining and keeping your roster up to date and current at http://www.playnsa.com/.